Tuesday, February 14, 2012

When I Grow Up - (Or, Yet Another Cake Wreck)

From time to time, as I go about the business of raising and educating my children, I ask myself what I would like to do when I grow up.  Rather, when they grow up... and I am compelled to do something else with myself.  The possibilities are endless, and I won't share with you those at the very top of my list because, well, I'd like to surprise everyone when I bust out with something awesome.  ;)  Well, that and a lot of practice and hard work will have to go into the endeavors closest to my heart.  I might fail, I might change my mind, or I might succeed...  Until I know what I really want to do and that I'm committed and skilled enough to give it a go, I'd rather not broadcast what I hope to do.

One idea, however, I think I can share quite freely.

This afternoon, as I frosted cakes for the kids' homeschool classes Valentine's Day parties, I had this brilliant idea of opening a bakery.  Never mind that half of what I cook is a flop...  At least the sweet stuff turns out okay...  Well, most of it does...

But my bakery!  My gimmick, my motto, the thing that would attract the masses is this:

 So Good, You'll Mistake It For Homemade!

Our delicacies, naturally, will not only taste homemade.  They will also look homemade.  At the top of our menu will be this decadent descent into the delicious depths of choco-delight:


What's that?  You're wondering what the heck is under that gooey frosting spill?  My friends, that is no less than a Darth Vader cake.  I can't believe you didn't get it right away.  Sheesh...

So maybe Darth's face had a little trouble saying goodbye to the cake pan...  The important thing is, Darth will taste great, as will the frosting smeared all over his face.  His helmet.  Whatever.  I just hope Andrew's friends will forgive him for letting his mom bring a cake to their Valentine's party.  (It's an all-boy class.  Darth isn't as out of place as you might think).

I guess maybe I shouldn't open a bakery, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment