Saturday, April 2, 2011

Books

Books have been on my brain today.  I have this small and previously secret dream of having a bookshelf all to myself.  No children's books, no husband's books, just MY books.  Not just any book that happens to belong to me will be admitted to My Shelf, but only a select few who capture my heart and mind.  From time to time, I encounter a book that I feel I must own, if not now, eventually.  The mere presence of the book in my house, even if it would take me a week to locate it amidst all the other books, fills me with this crazy, contented bliss.

I was going to share a list of what authors and books would grace My Shelf, but I can't seem to do any of them justice tonight, not having read any but Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain within the last year.  I realize I'll have to reread my cherished books, many of which are mine in spirit only, before I can adequately comment on them.  Commenting on The Chronicles of Prydain, more than to say its heros were worthy and its words exquisite, will have to wait till I have more time and at least one of the five books at my side.

In the meantime, because beautiful books are on my mind and I would like to include the occasional book review (of sorts) in this whole blogging process, I recommend the gem of Karma Wilson, author of Bear Snores On and Mortimer's Garden, both of which are delightful read alouds for young children. http://www.karmawilson.com/

So concludes this dud of a post.  I promise, my brain HAS been working today!


No comments:

Post a Comment