Thursday, December 6, 2012

Simplify? Oh, My!

For years, I've been threatening to simplify. Keep five outfits per child, plus Sunday clothes, and one pair each of play shoes and nice shoes. Get rid of anything we don't use on a regular basis. If we haven't missed it or wouldn't miss it, chuck it. A place for everything, and everything in its place. Simplify, simplify, simplify...

The problem is, every time I set out to simplify, something comes up. Correction: something gets up. Four somethings. Four someones.

As I ping-ponged around the house this morning - trying to decide whether to clean the kitchen, wash laundry, fold laundry, clean the little kids' bedroom, shelve books, file papers, or sit back and read to the kids - I realized that simplifying one's life and home is a pretty complicated ordeal, and life just doesn't sit back and wait for you to throw out all that stuff you know needs to go.

The logical thing in such a predicament is, of course, to sit down and blog about it, right? 

Seriously, though, sharing this with you all is going to give me the motivation to overcome at least one part of the monumental task before me. Anyhow, I hope it will. It simply has to help...


No comments:

Post a Comment